Saturday 26 January 2008

Let's kick flourescent yellow away shirts out of football



For the second time this week I have watched 90mins of my TV team Chelsea and struggled with their vomit-inducing flourescent kit.

Now Chelsea have previous when it comes to disgusting away kits, e.g. the 95/96 grey-and-orange affair, but I find this new Adidas kit (officially, "electricity yellow" - urgh) actually affects my ability to support the team. On the most basic physiological level, my eyes squint and instinctively gravitate away from the screen, and I find myself reading the paper, or just aimlessly looking around the room. On a psychological level, I find it difficult to believe that what I am watching is actually a real match; possibly because the flourescence subconsciously suggests the bibs players wear in training.

Barcelona had this away strip last season; UEFA should have intervened then. Sort it out Adidas!

2 comments:

Martin J Davies said...

Have you seen Inter's away kit this season? It's controversial but awesome.

I think England shoud adopt it immediately.

oliver said...

that's amazing!