Wednesday 12 September 2007

I don't like your Zhirkov name, I don't like your Zhirkov clothes...

Motty is definitely savouring "Zhirkov", and I will give Wrighty rare points for saying what we all thinking. For once, his moronic laddishness seem to add. Maybe in time we will all come round to it, and he will become a national treasure. Or maybe not.

Classic Motty:

"The Soviet - er, Russian supporters are still celebrating, they think it's a goal" Er... 20 years ago?

I am now siding heavily in the pro-Lawro camp, at least as a colour analyst if not a half-time pundit. He talks shit, but with charm - the random, free-spirited Hutch to Motty's Starsky.

Finally - the BBC's "ref's view" is a welcome innovation.

1 comment:

Martin J Davies said...

Sadly, I was in a noisy sports bar in York so unable to hear Lawro's insights.

There was cheering for the Scotland result. I'm sure the pubs of Glasgow were ringing with warm applause for the England team also...